Thursday, April 15, 2010

WHAT DOES MARTHA REALLY KNOW?

Apparently more than I was willing to give her credit for, that's for sure. I always saw Martha Stewart as a Saturday Night Live skit. Nothing to actually take seriously - just someone to poke fun at now and again. Yes, secretly I always wished my closets looked like hers but I wasn't about to schedule it on my calendar every other month to make sure it got done.

Now here's the rub: Maybe we aren't supposed to become Martha Stewart, (lets face it one is probably enough) but occasionally learn a thing or two from her instead. This concept would sure make us feel less inept. I know I would view my rumpled linen closet in a different light.

I do know that if I had followed her lead, as well as the advice of EVERY single gardening book, I would have started a journal/calendar last year. What seemed so unnecessary to me a year ago now sounds something like this in my head "what kind of idiot doesn't have a gardening journal"? Madness I say.

Fear not - the beauty of a garden - as well as a lesson my father has told me about many times is: you learn more from your failures than you will every learn from your victories.

So on that note I am starting my journal - complete with a calendar page! May my inner Martha shine!

3 comments:

  1. I just read your email and came straight to your blog. You are such a good writer! And I love the photo of your garden. With garden posts, Whit may even become a follower of you. xoxo, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to see and hear all about your garden. You have a such a beautiful blog! Can't wait to hear more. jojo:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talked to your supportively proud hubby tonight and he told me about your blog.....how COOL that you are allowing your passion to bloom and thrive from your bedroom window to ours :) Am excited to become a follower....way to go !! Poodle

    ReplyDelete