Friday, April 23, 2010

IT'S RAINING, IT'S POURING. . .

And this old girl has been snoring! There is just something about that deep sleep you fall into at the end of a physically challenging day (in this case week). My hubby and I have been working so hard (tilling, racking, weeding) that when I woke up and saw the rain coming down I was THRILLED! My "lazy" day has allowed me to get so many things done inside the house. Since I'm not completely sure just one day off is enough for my tired body to recoup I'm shamelessly hoping for rain again tomorrow. The weather man says my wish just might come true.



I did find time this week (between my digging, snoring and pulling) to start my gardening journal. A few weeks back I purchased this lovely old and slightly tattered binder from JB Knacker in Gilbert, Iowa. A friend of mine from Ames makes them by cleverly repurposing and altering vintage finds. They are each so unique and special I was hoping I'd find just the right thing to use mine for . . . . and what do you know- another wish granted!







Just a side note: JB Knacker is one of my favorite little shops in central Iowa. If you find charm in the well worn and shabby this place is so worth the drive up with a few girlfriends. I always come home with a treasure or two. I have a few other favs I will be sharing with you over the next few weeks. Spring time is always JUNKIN' TIME.










2 comments:

  1. Hope you get another "free" day. It is rainy and cool here in Ames. Love the garden shots - so neet to see your progress. K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! The sun is finally out. Hopefully your out enjoying your garden. Oh how how I love Jb Knacker too! Its like going into a candy store only junk style. Hope your doing well. I wish every Friday night was club night. Miss you, jojo

    ReplyDelete